I Eat Fruit and Veggies and Food Interactive Adapted Sentence Starter Book - special education
Regular price $4.00
These interactive/adapted books are designed to help your students become more comfortable readers and more fluent speakers. The sentences on the bottom all follow the same format of I eat ___(insert name of picture). Using carrier phrases like this help students get used to speaking in longer sentences and once you have them speaking in sentences while reading, you can encourage that even more in everyday activities!
2 books are included in this digital download pack, "Food" and "Fruit and Veggies". Simply print, laminate and add Velcro to create these interactive books for your classroom library.
Each page has an optional top text to read (for more advanced readers) and a simple bottom sentence for everyone to read. I love that you only have to print one book and it is appropriate for a range of different levels in your class. See how below:
Ways to Use this Interactive Book with Multiple Levels:
- You Read - I Read Option: Staff reads top section, student reads predictable text at the bottom section (great for beginning readers/speakers or device users).
- Level 1: Beginning readers only read bottom sentence. They may or may not read the smaller words (such as “the”)
- Level 2: Advanced readers read the entire page.
- Level 1: Students match the picture from the choice page to each page while they read.
- Level 2: Students take off the picture from each page and match to the word on the choice page.
Want a prepped and shipped version? Grab it here.
Want more books? Grab the bundle including 19 adapted books that follow this sentence starter format HERE.